Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bountiful harvest

We've been eating from the tree of knowledge - the apple tree in our own garden of eden. What I do know now is that it is a miracle that a tree in our backyard can produce such superlative fruit - as red as the apple in the story of Snow White but not a drop of poison.

In fact our apples are organically grown - so no chemicals or pesticides. We weren't sure when to pick them so kept trying them - at first they were a bit too sharp so I made them into apple crumble. The last harvest was just right - deep red on the outside, firm and white on the inside, with that sweet freshness that is the essence of apple.




I'm putting some works into the local Agricultural Show - which has an art section. Some of the works I am submitting I finished last year and some are more recent ones - the works below are the recent ones. Wish me luck!

A handful of 'mums - acrylic on canvas

Still life with chrysanthemums - pastel on paper

Ocean echoes - pastel on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment